Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Prayer for BBC

I've been burdened for the spiritual condition of our Church.  I sense the Lord drawing me to seek Him.  I earnestly desire that others in the Church will sense the same drawing.  What am I to do in prayer?  Just cry out again and again "God, send a revival"?  There ought to be something that can be added to that?

It happens that this morning, reading Ezek. 36f, I recognized some things that would be suitable prayer requests for me, and for our Church.  We are not Israel, so there are no promises made there directly for us to claim, but there are things to learn about what God has to say about calling things to life and restoration.  As I read through, I noticed several things that would compose a suitable prayer to express my burden.  Rather than using my own words, I composed this prayer using God's Words, based on the content of Ezek 36:1-37:14.

"Be for us, Lord GOD, turn unto us, till us and sow us, and multiply men upon us to inhabit our place.  Build up the wasted places, increase us and make us fruitful.

For thy Holy Name's sake, have pity on us, sanctify thy great name, that the heathen may know that Thou art the LORD. 

Sprinkle clean water upon us, cleanse us from our filthiness and our idols.  Give us a new heart, a new spirit, and replace the stone that is there with tender living flesh.  Place your Holy Spirit in us to cause us to walk in thy statutes, to keep thy judgments, and do them; save us from all our uncleanness.  May we no longer receive the reproach of famine among the heathen. 

We remember our own evil ways, and our doings that were not good, and we loath for our iniquities and our abominations.  Recover us from our desolation and ruin, so that the heathen around us may know that Thou, the LORD build the ruined places and plant where it was desolate.

Open up our graves, cause fresh breath to enter into us, form sinews, flesh and skin to be upon us, breathe thy Spirit into us, and we shall live, and bring us out of our graves and place us in our habitation, then shall we know that Thou alone hast performed it." 

That's nothing much compared to the great prayers crafted in the past, but it seemed to me to be worth praying again, which is why I bothered to write it down.  I hope you folks, especially those associated with BBC, will pray it with me for awhile.

PCH

1 comment:

  1. Pastor Huff,
    That is wonderful. He can, and he has answered prayers similar to that in the past - so, yes, why not ask him for these things, there in Mt Prospect? Also, the prayer seems to have come from a prepared heart, forged on an anvil, not unlike that on which the prayers in Daniel 9, Ezra 9, and Nehemiah 9, were all forged.
    Praise the LORD, and thanks be to him, that he has chosen you to be there, to be doing what you are doing, at such a time as this!
    Gino LaPointe

    ReplyDelete